The Walmart location at Shingle Creek Shopping Center in Brooklyn Center closed following civil unrest Sunday night. Credit: Becky Dernbach | Sahan Journal

Vaccine appointments will be delayed in at least two locations in the north metro. following Sunday afternoon’s police killing of Daunte Wright in Brooklyn Center. 

None of the vaccine supply was damaged, lost, or compromised, according to Devin Henry, a spokesperson for the state’s COVID-19 Reponse.

  • Two Walmart locations are temporarily closed: one in Brooklyn Center at the Shingle Creek Crossing Shopping Center, which sustained significant damage during unrest Sunday night; and one in Brooklyn Park, located at 8000 Lakeland Avenue North.
  • Both locations distribute COVID-19 vaccines. Appointments for vaccines at both locations are being rescheduled at nearby stores or for later this week, according to Walmart spokesperson Carla Landon. 
  • The Shingle Creek Shopping Center Walmart and the Brooklyn Center Walmart are temporarily closed.
  • Individuals with existing vaccine appointments at both locations should check the status of their appointments on Walmart’s website. Landon adds that “we are contacting those individuals with appointments and working to reschedule them.”
  • Vaccine supplies at both locations were reportedly not damaged or compromised, even at the Shingle Creek Shopping Center location, where the pharmacy was reportedly damaged.
  • It appears no other vaccine locations or supplies were damaged or compromised following the unrest in the Twin Cities metro Sunday night. 
  • The Cub Foods location located across the street of Shingle Creek Shopping Center, for example, was not damaged. Cub Foods spokesperson Michael Wilson said vaccine appointments at that location are proceeding normally. 
  • Similarly, Hennepin County spokesperson Carolyn Marinan said public vaccine distribution in the northwest metro area remains unaffected.

Joey Peters is a reporter for Sahan Journal. He has been a journalist for 15 years. Before joining Sahan Journal, he worked for close to a decade in New Mexico, where his reporting prompted the resignation...